© All rights reserved
- The Winter Bowls Triples Galas will begin on Tuesday 9th June. These will be generously supported by Howard and Co. Realty. Ross Martin and his team have things under control and are confirming entries. If you are thinking of entering a team do so now contact Glenn 021 2661154 or Ross 904 0655. For the moment there will be a limit of 16 teams but this might change.
- Friday Night Socials will recommence this coming Friday, the 29th May. Don Trevethick and his bar team have systems organised and Harry Shawcross is itching to to get the raffles up and running. There are still restrictions with regard to physical distancing. The tables have been set up in groups of two tables and six chairs. That enables one metre distancing and plenty of room to walk around the tables. Drinks will be ordered and served across the bar but there is to be no congregating at the bar. Distancing must still be observed.
- Many of you have thoroughly enjoyed ad hoc roll ups at the club since we entered Level 2. We are happy to confirm that 1.00pm Wednesdays and Sundays are now recognised as official Club Days, so please enjoy. Remember though that everyone must Sign In and sanitise regularly.
There was a constant stream of members to the club on the first Sunday of Level 2. It was wonderful to watch people who hadn’t seen each other for nearly two months, enthusiastically engage (from a distance) with them on a … Continue reading →
Covid 19 Level 2 Instructions for use of playing facilities
The procedures that need to be followed:
- Enter the club house via the front door and use the sanitiser on the Register Table.
- Record your details in the sign-in book on the table and sanitise your hands again.
- Collect your bowls if they are in the building(preferable if you take them home each time)
- If using new club bowls these must be disinfected before and after use (disinfectant is on the table in men’s locker room)
- Alternating rinks are set up for use – a clear rink is between each one
- Mats and jacks are in the silver box outside the shed – hand sanitiser and spray disinfectant are there as well
- Mats and jacks must be disinfected before and after use
- Please do not use any gear from the shed including scoreboards
Play must be limited to a two hour maximum
The club-rooms and all equipment ( mats and jacks) have been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected and a “Registration Table” is set up just inside the door.
Until we receive something definite regarding activity within the club-rooms, they can be opened only for toilet use, collecting bowls and signing the register. Players should bring their own drink and snacks if required.
Winter Galas, organized club days and social meet-ups on Friday nights are still ‘on-hold’.
Members should only go to the clubhouse and use the greens if they are well. If showing any sign of illness, are awaiting results of Covid-19 testing, been in contact with someone who is unwell – as in other areas of our community – please stay at home.
Maintain physical distancing. Do not shake hands
Maximum of triples play. Leads and twos on the bank when not involved.
Only touch your own bowls.
Use only your own measures, chalk or cloth.
Mats and jacks only down/picked up by a single nominated player
Gloves will be available if you choose to use them for moving the mat
WHILE IT WILL BE GREAT TO SEE OTHERS ON THE GREEN – PLEASE DO NOT CONGREGATE IN GROUPS – STICK TO YOUR RINK –
GREET OTHERS FROM A DISTANCE.
WASH YOUR HANDS, WASH YOUR HANDS, WASH YOUR HANDS
John McBeth, President & Sue McFarlane, Secretary
12 Year Old Jack Smith With slightly older Club member Ross Martin Jack is now the proud owner of his own set of bowls and he, and probably at least one of his parents, is looking forward to regular weekend … Continue reading →
Keith Williamson He has been a JP for 30 years, he and Alana have five grandchildren from their children Lea and Christopher and he is very thankful that Alana has remained patient for 53 years Keith Williamson Keith Williamson was born … Continue reading →
Gavin Muir Gavin Muir Gavin Muir has been our Treasurer for five years and hopefully he will continue to fill that role for a few more years. Although he was an accountant throughout his working life, there was a period … Continue reading →
Club member Jane Bradbury present the Golden Bowl to the inaugural winner ,Chris Anderson of Anderson Construction. Chris and his team of Jared (pictured) and Callum, who’d raced home with his baby moments before the photos, fought of some strong … Continue reading →
Members testing the new Green 2 on a roll-up day
What’s Missing? Players! More information on its use will be advised shortly. Looking good!!Continue reading →